"Where do you see yourself in 20 (30, 40 etc.) years from now?"
It's a common question people ask, especially once you graduate from high school or college. Normally I don't think much of it though. Don't get me wrong, I dream of owning my own business and having kids and whatnot, but it's not something that I used to be concerned about.
It's funny though, over the last few years I have thought about my future, and I couldn't see myself getting old. Like some part of my brain said I wouldn't live past 40. I could see myself having important conversations with my kids, but not my teenagers. Again, I didn't fret, but I'm not going to say it didn't worry me a little.
Today though, I had a random thought about talking to my grandchildren. That was a first. That thought, at 27, might scare somebody about getting old. It made me happy. It was the first time ever that my mind had even allowed the thought of seeing my grandchildren. Maybe that means I am on the right path to having what I have dreamed of now.
P.S. I know the title of this blog refers to design and such, but really, I have a lot of things that influence my design. Life is a major factor. I may eventually put these posts in another blog, but this is what I've got for now.


0 comments:
Post a Comment